Template

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Graduation and Our Family Garden

It's amazing how fast a week can go by!  First off-
Dillon(my brother-in-law) graduated from high school yesterday!  Yea!  Here are a couple of pics.
Dillon and Becca
Tyanna and Dillon
Dillon and Dax

Kire, Matt, Lyndsey, Dillon, Taylor, Jenn and Elizabeth


The Family
The proud Mother, Karen and her graduate Dillon!





So Jeremy is swamped with work and couldn't get off in order to come and therefore I chose to leave my children with my mom.  They had a blast because Porter and Ethan(cousins) got to come over and play while mom was away!  What an ambitious grandma too:)
         Last Saturday afternoon we decided to plant our family garden.  This sweet little lady and her husband who live 2 doors down graciously allowed us to use their garden spot this year.  We went to the local gardening stores and purchased our seeds.  Then it really was a family affair to plant our garden.  It was really fun too.  Although it was hard for me to pull weeds and bend over as I am sure you can see my baby belly is definitely in the way!  Even McKaybree had fun planting.  The boys were pretty good helpers too.  Jeremy is definitely our work horse-we couldn't have done it without him.  He is the green thumb in our family!  Here are some pics:
Digging up some weeds

Dad and Daughter.....ahhhh!

Dad rotatiling up the ground and Kolby grabbing weeds

Kamden

Kolby

Family affair planting the onions

Dad and his boys


Little helping hands make light work....sort of;)

Mom planting the Bell peppers




     We planted corn, peas, bell peppers, onions, cilantro, and baby spinach!  Hopefully we will have some yummy vegetables this summer!  Can't wait for the corn.
      My Kitchenaid came this week!  My mom and I decided to break it in and made a whole bunch of cinnamon rolls on Tuesday.  They are so yummy and I have to share.....a picture atleast.
If you come by today or tomorrow there may still be a few left I would be willing to share though!
McKaybree dancing to the music!
Today my both my boys went to school for the whole day!  Kolby was so excited to go to school ALL DAY.  Plus it's the last day of kindergarten too.  They were supposed to have a field day and play outside but of course it's Idaho and the weather decided to hail, rain and snow!  Instead we had lunch inside and I got to come and eat with them.  I just have to share a video and pic of the activity/music time we got to participate in during Kamden's classroom.  McKaybree was the star of the show and had all the kids laughing at her.  She was so funny and cute! (video isn't seeming to work....any suggestions?)
That about wraps it up for our week.  I just have to say though that I am so excited for Saturday.....Barnes Annual Family CRAB CRACK!  Can you say, "All you can eat crab"!??!  I love it! Can't wait:)
Til next time,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment